The 6 hour behind the wheel driver training course is specifically designed to fulfill the required training program for 16-year-old students to obtain their NJ learners permit.
The 6 hour behind the wheel driver training course includes six (6) hours of driving lessons, scheduled in three (3) sessions of two (2) hours each.
Upon completion of Don-Tre’s 6 hour behind the wheel driver training program, the student’s NJ learners permit will be validated and the student will receive a “Certificate of Completion” which can be presented to the student’s insurance company for an insurance discount.
All 16-year-old student drivers must practice supervised driving, based on the NJ GDL program, with a person who has had an NJ driver’s license for at least three (3) years and is at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
To obtain their probationary NJ driver’s license, they must have practiced driving for at least 6 months and be at least 17 years of age.
Graduated Driver License (GDL) Restrictions
- No Driving from 11:01pm – 5:00am
- Only 1 Passenger unless accompanied by a Parent/Guardian
- Must use the GDL Decal
- No Electronic Devices
- Must wear seatbelts
New Jersey Graduated Driver License (GDL) Law:
- The GDL permit is valid for practice driving the state of NJ from 5:01 am to 11:00 pm.
- The driver cannot use a wireless telephone or any wireless device while driving.
- The student must be accompanied by an NJ licensed driver, 21 years or older and licensed for at least 3 years.
- A student may only have one passenger unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The learner’s permit must be held for a minimum of 6 months before you are eligible for the NJ road test. The student must be at least 17 years of age to take the NJ road test.
- When a student passes their NJ road test, they will receive a probationary NJ driver’s license. That means they can drive alone from 5:01 am – midnight. They may only have one passenger unless a parent or guardian is in the vehicle.
- The student must drive one-year violation-free and be at least 18 years old to obtain their basic NJ driver’s license. (non-restricted license). The basic NJ driver’s license is issued by MVC. The student must go in person with their six points of identification and their probationary license to obtain their basic license.