Ready to take the NJ Road Test? Don-Tre Driving School will accompany the student at the time of the road test and provide a brush-up review lesson to ensure you have the skills needed.
An instructor will review every aspect and maneuvers for the test, with a special concentration on parallel parking. If you are interested in hiring Don-Tre Driving School for this service, we recommend that you contact our office four weeks before the test date to ensure availability for your date.
ABOUT THE NJ ROAD TEST
You will be tested on the following skills:
- Starting your vehicle
- Steering (hands at 10/2 or 9/3)
- Stopping (full stop behind the line)
- Turning (hand over hand)
- Backing (reverse in a straight line, left-hand top of the wheel, looking over right shoulder)
- Turn around, K-turn or 3 points turn
- Intersections (look both ways when approaching intersection)
- Speed control (speed limit is 25 mph)
- Parking (parallel parking)
- Up/Down Hill Parking (Rahway test center no curb)
- Attention (follow directions)
WHAT’S NEEDED FOR THE NJ ROAD TEST
- The properly equipped vehicle includes access to brake, working signals, brake lights, or Don-Tre vehicle.
- Vehicle must be registered, inspected, insured with all current documentation
- Accompanied by a licensed NJ Driver or Don-Tre Instructor
- Student Driver must have: valid permit, original civil birth certificate or passport
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR A NJ PHOTO DRIVERS LICENSE
Six Points of Identification are necessary to obtain NJ Drivers License.
The following is an example of six points for a student.
- Original civil birth certificate or passport (4pts)
- Social security card (1pt) or number
- School issued photo id with a report card or transcript containing address (2pts)
- More examples of identification are found by clicking here